740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

DMK and MetaGuide

If I run MetaGuide with my DMK21 all I get is a black screen. MetaGuide does however work perfectly well with my SPC900NC webcam and also the inbuilt webcam of my Netbook.

The DMK works perfectly well with IC Capture and K3CCDtools and PHD. Any ideas why not with MetaGuide? :D

Dave

Maybe it is just a case of the gain and exposure settings then?

I have definitely used it for collimation as the 60fps frame rate togther with the "smoothing" performed by metaguide give very good diffraction patterns plus the mount gets guided to keep the star centered during collimation...

Peter...

Edited by Psychobilly

Hooray - I've just come across arad85's post on this subject - you need to change the framerate to

"one of the DMK supported framerates of 60, 30, 15, 7.5 or 3.75 fps..."

and it now works :D:):)

Dave

PS I don't know how to link to arad85's post but it may still be below this as a similar post link.

• 3 years later...

I am also having problems with metagude 5.1.3 and my DMK 21AU04.AS.

I came across this thread and thought it would solve my problems - but it hasn't.

I open metaguide and it asks which camera to use.  I select the DMK as it appears in the list.

Metaguide then launches - but all it shows is a blank grey screen where the image should appear.  I tried the tip setting the frame rate (by default its set to 10 - which based on the above thread doesn't appear to be compatible).  I click the "Setup" button - and the framerate field appears in red.  I change it to say 15 - and click OK - but the grey screen remains.

I'm at a complete loss.  If I connect to the laptops inbuilt webcam - I get am image instantly.

Sorry moonhawk I haven't used it for ages  so I can't remember what version of Metaguide I was using at the time... It''s  4 years and a  couple of  "defunct" laptops ago...

I haven't had the SCT in the obs for years and I used to use metaguide and the DMK21AU04AS to collimate the scope... It used to be superb fro the task as it would recenter the satr you were using to do the collimation as you tweaked the secondary  - the scope was connected via a Shoestring Astronomy GP-USB adaptor

Peter...