Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Annoying Neighbours

My former neighbour used to have the light on and the windows open.

You could also hear her indulging in 'nocturnal activities'... Embarrassing or what?

Fortunately I have new neighbours who like to be in darkness.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Halogen lights get so hot a spray with a hose pipe or a super soaker water gun will shatter them and leave no evidence behind. :D

I love it when a plan comes together ! :)

My neighbours don't have any curtains in their bedroom window, and it drives me nuts when I'm trying to observe. My plan at the moment (as well as building an obsy!) is to give them a huge friendly wave next time I spot them getting ready for bed...

Make sure your telescope is pointing at them aswell yeah? :D

• 2 weeks later...
My neighbours don't have any curtains in their bedroom window, and it drives me nuts when I'm trying to observe. My plan at the moment (as well as building an obsy!) is to give them a huge friendly wave next time I spot them getting ready for bed...

A good loud wolf whistle should be enough encouragement. :)

A good loud wolf whistle should be enough encouragement. :)
Sounds like a genuinely useful application for the Vuvuzela. :mad:

Despite friendly, earnest and faithful promises, my neighbour has failed to service / replace his errant security light. But at least it gets left off (mostly) now. :icon_scratch:

if you dont mind shelling out one a high power laser pointer, they dont take that long to blow out the bulb. :)

just in case you are not happy with criminal damage, low power one on the light sensor will turn the light off for a bit

Im gonna give that a go :rolleyes:.

Thanks.

Im gonna give that a go :rolleyes:.

Thanks.

Same here,got a neighbour across the whose security light is mounted so high it blasts straight into my backyard and there goes the night vision,maybe a laser will knock that out too. i'm sure the pillock sets it off on purpose when i'm out with my 'scope' not that i've managed to set it up much :)

Same here,got a neighbour across the whose security light is mounted so high it blasts straight into my backyard and there goes the night vision,maybe a laser will knock that out too. i'm sure the pillock sets it off on purpose when i'm out with my 'scope' not that i've managed to set it up much :)

I have a ring road circling around our town that passes 30ft from my house . I have hp sodium lighting within 20ft flooding the front side and back of the house :rolleyes: ,I moved from Dublin 11yrs ago to get away from this kinda thing.

The only upside in living where I am is that a 5min drive takes me to good dark skies that I could never find in Dublin .

A small note of caution.

When I was young I had an air rifle which I used to shoot holes in my neighbour's boiler chimney. My neighbour found out and made my parents pay for a new one.

If I was the age I am now, he could do me for damage to goods or private nuisance or ask the police to kindly do me for a firearms offence or indeed, criminal damage.

Laser sounds good however.

• 2 weeks later...

Where I used to live I managed to get the council change the streetlights to downlights (less spread etc) they did make a slight bit of difference but not a great lot. Still I was quite pleased getting the council to do something like that.

Where I used to live I managed to get the council change the streetlights to downlights (less spread etc) they did make a slight bit of difference but not a great lot. Still I was quite pleased getting the council to do something like that.

If they are anything like the council here in Tramore /Waterford Ireland ,it's lucky you got them to do anything at all ;).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived