SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SkyWatcher Planetary UWA eyepieces - 58 ° (TMB)

It is a pity about the TMB 6mm. As I mentioned it's not that it's a bad eyepiece at all, it's actually a very good eyepiece. It's just that the others were that little bit better. I'd always be going for the 5mm or the 7mm and the 6mm would just get left in the eyepiece case all the time, so that's why I'll be getting rid of it.

John

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An interesting thread John, Ive been looking to improve my planetary eyepiece collection and was looking at these TS eps as an alternative to the TMBs. I may try one now and at these prices its not going to break the bank.

Philj

As I have mentioned earlier, I have flocked my 5 and 4mm TMB planetaries and I am very happy with the results. This morning I have just done this to my TS 2.5 version.

Before flocking

[ATTACH]37468[/ATTACH]

After flocking

[ATTACH]37469[/ATTACH]

I tried the eyepiece with my SW EQ66ED scope giving 160x mag on some plant. It did seem to snap into focus better after flocking.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but..

I bought a 5mm TMB Planetary EP from Sky's the Limit on Thursday and it turns out that it is the same as those in the image in the 1st post.

Should i be going back for a refund then or are they still TMB Planetary EPs?

Thanks

I guess it depends on the description on the sellers page, if it mentions TMB and displays the Picture of the TMB version then i would expect to receive that product.

Otherwise i guess it is as described,

I have the 4mm Unlabelled EP and using it last night was amazing value, i am considering getting more of the unbranded planetary as soon as the seller appears back on Ebay.

OK then, great. As long as it is a TMB Desinged one then i'm happy.

They didn't have any pictures on the site. I had to email and ask if they had any 5mm TMB Planetary eye pieces in stock, and they sold me this one.

Tested it against my 10mm standard EP that came with my scope+ 2x Barlow, to get the same magnification, on Jupiter, and i would say that the TMB Designed one was a bit sharper at least. ;)

How can i test to make sure that there isn't any dust or marks inside the EP as i seems to get a few marks in my FOV whilst using it? Can i just give it a wipe down with something?

Archived