Hey - has anyone got one of these?

Zeffer

I think that there is a range of tents called Kendrick? Sort of split in two, half of it is a sleeping area and the other half has a roof that completley unzips.

Look quite good from what I saw.

Not seen that type before - knowing my luck I'd always want to look where the 4 thin upright parts are... :wink:

Ant

The "Shelter Dome" on the Kendrick page looks a good deal. Expensive, though. I would suggest one of these, and a proper sleeping tent, rather than combining the two functions. A xouple of years ago I was camping in a large vestibule tent, about 10' x 10', with a vestibule about 5'x10' that was excellent for storing the scope during bad weather. It didn't function as an observatory, but a clever sewer could probably have made flaps in the roof over the vestibule. I have seen modified cabin tents at star parties, but didn't closely examine them. I use an ordinary squaredome tent for sleeping and put my scope in a 12' x12' kitchen shelter when bad weather threatens.

I think the pop up tent is too small. I can't imagine using it comfortably for long.

I saw a few of these at Kelling - to my mind, they look small,

The Kendrick type ones look far better, again, I saw a few of these and they are much more practical. A chap just behind me had a full PC setup, his bed and a RCX400 in there!!!

I saw a few of these at Kelling - to my mind, they look small,

The Kendrick type ones look far better, again, I saw a few of these and they are much more practical. A chap just behind me had a full PC setup, his bed and a RCX400 in there!!!

Ah. Mr Bond I assume... Brian Bond. Can fix anything Meade ever made. He's rather busy...

Arthur

It was indeed!

A life saver he was - made me a cuppa Saturday morning, before the shop had opened.

Nice to have met you Arthur, shame I didn't get a chance to look through the little Dob, but looking AT it still nice!!

It is all still set up there? The forecast looks good for tonight!!!

Hi Daz

It is indeed still set up. The joys of being only 3/4 hour drive away! Trailer and all. The pitch is booked until next Saturday so I saw no point in stripping it all down when there may be a few good nights before then... :grin:

Nice man is Brian, will help anyone out. Did you get a glass of his Claret? Not being a wine-person I still thought it was excellent :wink:

Arthur

A certain Mr Kendrick was on site at Kelling a very interesting bloke with loads of ideas for new kit. Arthur is right about Brian Bond he was busy fixing something and ran out of fixing bits so (Mr never leave home without a full tool-kit :wink:) I just happened to find some of the bits in the boot of my car and saved the day for someone :grin: only for it to cloud over after sunset :?

Archived