Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

15.5 hour exposure!

ASIGN_Baz

Here's an image I got after five consecutive nights of capture trough my telescope on a single object this week (Total 15.5 hours) and two nights of processing.

Name - M20 Trifid Nebula

Type - Emission (red), reflection (blue) and dark (dense molecular clouds(dust))

Distance - 7,600 light years away

Location - Sagittarius (still in our galaxy)

http://stargazerslounge.com/members/asign_baz-albums-deep-space-asign-picture4968-m20maxim930min.html

Have a great day while you ponder the enormity of it all.

Baz.

Lovely image, understated, unforced, smooth and delicate.

Now the Lagoon is nice but also very familiar. Have you had a look at the little group to the ENE of the lagoon? (IC1274, 1275, 4685 and NGC6569.) I got it last year in a widefield Trifid-Lagoon and fell in love with it. There is all sorts of fine little detail in there that would really suit your style and setup. I'm coming back to it in the TEC this year, I hope. Maybe a mosaic with the Lagoon?

Olly

Lovely image, understated, unforced, smooth and delicate.

Now the Lagoon is nice but also very familiar. Have you had a look at the little group to the ENE of the lagoon? (IC1274, 1275, 4685 and NGC6569.) I got it last year in a widefield Trifid-Lagoon and fell in love with it. There is all sorts of fine little detail in there that would really suit your style and setup. I'm coming back to it in the TEC this year, I hope. Maybe a mosaic with the Lagoon?

Olly

Awwww, thanks Olly. I haven't spotted those objects, but there is an interesting magenta object with a yellow starry core to the centre right of my image. Not sure what it is.

I think the Lagoon will be next on the list, but I am still working on the "War and Peace Nebula too. I look forward to seeing your mosaic though.

Baz.

Wonderful sight this Baz. It's like a wonderland of colour and vibrancy. The Universe is some tapestry is it not.

The result is down to the time you've put in, no doubt about it.

Ron.:)

Wonderful sight this Baz. It's like a wonderland of colour and vibrancy. The Universe is some tapestry is it not.

The result is down to the time you've put in, no doubt about it.

Ron.:)

It certainly is Ron, I wish I could do this for a living.

It certainly is Ron, I wish I could do this for a living.

Ah!, but then you would become dependent on the money, and that might dilute the enjoyment a little.

Only maybe though :).

That is superb Barry! Gorgeous image. Thanks for sharing.

Could you please upload a version to sgl if possible, as it can make things easier at the weekend.

Cheers

Tim

Ah!, but then you would become dependent on the money, and that might dilute the enjoyment a little.

Only maybe though :).

I do it for a living and my addiction is getting worse, not better!

Baz, the widefield in question is here;

Widefield images including mosaics and overlays. - ollypenrice's Photos

Cheers,

Olly

Archived