Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How long does it take for good astro pics?

msinclairinork

Hi All, Iwould love to try imaging but the jargon "ie" first you take a xrtm and then a 57wek put the wwekk besaide the ? How doe's a beginner try to understand it. Has no one come up with a handbook for idiot's "ie" First you take a self loading camera put it on your telescope with a adaptor ring size 1.25 which can be bought from etc etc I'm sorry for being a pain but their just not enough hour's to work all day and becume a code breaker at night

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi All, Iwould love to try imaging but the jargon "ie" first you take a xrtm and then a 57wek put the wwekk besaide the ? How doe's a beginner try to understand it. Has no one come up with a handbook for idiot's "ie" First you take a self loading camera put it on your telescope with a adaptor ring size 1.25 which can be bought from etc etc I'm sorry for being a pain but their just not enough hour's to work all day and becume a code breaker at night

I know what you mean, having been there. But so has everyone else who posts images, remember. There is Steve's book, Making Every Pixel Count and there are are courses such as those run by Ian King.

Am I allowed to say that I offer them free as well? Please delete if I'm not.

Olly

WOW! a great varied amount of responses and none of which have put me off! Although it has giving me a much better understanding. I really look forward to the day..hopfully within the year to be able to get out their with my new kit and start 'trying' and i promise to get my first pic up no matter how bad it will probably be. But im sure you can keep right as i take my journey to the dark side!

I have been preparing as much as possible before i get my new kit togeather e.g got steves book..been reading tut's on the net..lots of reading in SGL and even started playing with registax with other folks subs. But im still baffled! but hopfully one day ill get a vauge idea.

I loved the talk about doing science with AP that would be exciting stuff!

Well thanks for your time again folks, really interesting to here what you had to say on the subject.

I look forward to your coments when i post my first blur of a picture! :)

Take care for now,

Michael

Archived