Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Something for the ladies!

CaptPaul

Opinions differ - black absorbs heat faster but also radiates it away faster. White, I believe was picked for refractors for that reason - to slow down the cool down time so that the glass elements and tube werent strained too much by the tube cooling too fast - maybe thats a myth - I dont know.

For a newt I dont think it makes much difference but I guess black would be best as it would radiate tube heat away quicker.

You know (and mods sorry if this is contentious - feel free to delete) the more I think about that pink telescope the more angry it makes me. It kind of implies that women, poor benighted creatures that we are, are unable to cope in astronomy without a pink telescope adorned with a 'hello kitty' logo. Now I am as fashion conscious (or unconscious at times) as the next girl but it doesnt imply everything in my life has to be pink as if I am a 6 year old. Maybe its been a long day and a bad week, I dont know, but I feel that pink scope is demeaning in so many ways. Its kind of put a hook in me - do any of the other girls on here feel the same ??? fume fume fume grrrr gnashes teeth :)

Maybe its been a long day and a bad week, I dont know, but I feel that pink scope is demeaning in so many ways. Its kind of put a hook in me - do any of the other girls on here feel the same ??? fume fume fume grrrr gnashes teeth :)

I'm not fuming, but I find it rather sad.

I can't see many women dashing out to buy it, can you? I'm sure it'll die a death.

(It's the wrong shade of pink, anyway...;))

Archived