Narrowband

Messier 57

johnrt

Got my camera back from Astronomiser a couple of weeks ago after having the filter removal mod, and I had bagged a CLS clip filter, but not a single night to use them in ages!

Got home from work late but didn't want to miss the opportunity to have a go on this little planetary.

6" reflector, 1000d filter removal mod, EOS CLS clip filter, 1 hour in 5 minute subs stacked and processed in PixInsight.

Hope you like them.

Original Image.

4580218563_3cebd7679d_b.jpg

This is the cropped and scaled version.

4580219643_252a4e0d2a_b.jpg

And finally a re-processed close up.

4582942351_3189a9e4a7_b.jpg

The filter removal and CLS filter have really made a world of difference to my images.

Love the widefield shot - plenty to look at and some lovely star colours...

Bet you're really pleased with the 'new' gears first light!

What mount is the scope on - and what scope is it (focal length, etc), if you don't mind me asking...? Always useful for reference!!

Thanks for sharing and clear skies...

Damian

Thanks for the lovely comments.

The scope is a 750/150mm skywatcher reflector on an eq5 mount. I'm guiding through an st80 using phd. The only other piece of kit of note is the baader mpcc which does an amazing job on my scope at correcting the edge of field comma.

Archived