Give me rain

MartinB

5 nights now of setting up only to have the clouds roll in. Clear all day here. Had to visit friends. Set up 10.00 and ditto. I don't mind thick clouds and rain, you know where you stand then. Its the hope that kills, tantalising clear spells, good seeing and objects starting to appear on the laptop only to be suddenly greyed out the second you're ready to roll.

Give me strength :wink::lol::grin:

Got some flats anyway :?

You can talk about the green rolling hills of Albion but sometimes this place really sucks.

Well, we got it cloudy at first and then it cleared up! At baout 10.30 last night I looked out and the sky was completely clear, so I loaded up the car and headed to the highest nearby hill and began setting up my gear. Then the wind picked up.

By the time I had everything set up it was gusting something chronic and even at the lowest magnifications everything was shaking. I was tying for M31, the Plieades and Uranus, but the wind shot my imaging attempts down every time. At about mdnight I noticed a tiny cloud had formed near Cassiopea, and within about 5 minutes it covered most of the sky! Whilst I found the speed of the cloud formation amazing, it also put the kybosh on my night and I gave up and left. Frankly I wish it hadn't taunted me so, and had just remained cloudy.

Maybe tonight.....

Archived