Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pulsar optical

robbieince

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered my first telescope from them, paid the extra for first class delivery..... then waited over a week until it didn't arrive. After many phone calls of nobody answering I got a person who said they'd look into it and phone me back -they never did. I went through the many phone calls again until I got a woman who located my order in the backroom.

Never used them since but I did end up with a AE cheshire collimator from ebay that was brand new in a bag which was fine for two months but then the silver bit fell out and needed glued back in. A company to be avoided, I'd say.

i ordered a few weeks ago. came within 2 days. and they sent me the next item up as the one i had ordered wasnt in stock.

Communication is there biggest problem. spent a good half a day at work rining them. only sales would answer and wouldnt deal with me. after sales twice picked up the phone then hanged uped.

but saying that once i did get thorugh the did sort my issue

i ordered a few weeks ago. came within 2 days. and they sent me the next item up as the one i had ordered wasnt in stock.

Communication is there biggest problem. spent a good half a day at work rining them. only sales would answer and wouldnt deal with me. after sales twice picked up the phone then hanged uped.

but saying that once i did get thorugh the did sort my issue

What annoyed me with my problem was that when I phoned to order they were super helpful but as soon as they had my money there was a clear difference as to how I was spoken to. I became a problem and there was a sort of "oh for god's sake" tone to the people on the phone. Now, packing up my order and forgetting to send it is not good but it could have been dealt with in a way that gave me satisfaction to becoming a returning customer, what annoyed me was the fact that I paid for the first class postage, my order took a week to even leave the warehouse and they just weren't interested in offering any compensation. For the sake of a £5 postage upgrade they just went "fine whatever".

• 4 months later...

Purchased a Max DSLR camera attachment thing from these guys yesterday at about 1pm. It is now in my hands!! Amazing speed.

I thought £24.99 was a lot for such a small thing but thinking about it £4.16 was VAT, a further £3.13 postage plus 20p for a jiffy bag leaves £17.50 which seems a lot more reasonable and the item looks well made.

• 2 years later...

I ordered my first equipment from them last March as they had by far the cheapest package for the scope/mount I thought I wanted. I called and spoke to someone and it turns out that was an "expired" web page so the price was no longer valid.... Further discussion ensued about my requirements and I was sold a mount/scope package which would serve as a starting point for AP which I wanted to get into.

Goods arrived a fair wait later, despite being "in stock" at order time when I chased was told by someone else that they were awaiting it themselves from SW....

During this time I learned that the mount I ordered would not be suitable for AP so I informed them I would be returning it under their satisfaction guarantee and required a larger mount. This was accepted and actioned and I got my kit eventually. Not super fast service but acceptable and up to this point I was satisfied with the service

However, it turned up without an ancillary part; a Synscan holder. I called and informed them it was missing and was told one would be back ordered and sent to me. The weeks turned to months and I chased every couple of weeks for about 6months. Each time when I finally managed to get through I would be given the run around and told it was still on back order etc. I have since given up with them.

Archived