Narrowband

Recommended books on the moon?

Breakintheclouds

New Atlas of the Moon by Legault. It has each day (or most of them) one to a page and has labelled overlays for a lot. Each page also has 3 images on, one main one, and two smaller ones to show the various viewing orientations that you get with differing equipment. I did post a review of it on here somewhere...

Found it...

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-reviews/59967-new-atlas-moon-book-review.html

I can second the New Atlas of the Moon,plus;

the Hartfield SCT Moon Atlas (has all the images/maps reversed as you would see it at the EP of most scopes);

The Moon Observers Guide by Peter Grego. Very good, compact book with a day by day break down and detailed descriptions of the major features.

There's also Rukl if you can get a copy...

Hi Ian,

Not a book and you may already have it but just in case - I'd recommend the Virtual Moon Atlas all the info is here - en:start [Virtual Moon Atlas]

It's a great free programme that will help you learn all the Lunar features, you can also flip the image so it'll look exactly like the view through your newtonian. Download it for free from here - en:start [Virtual Moon Atlas]

Cheers

I started off in 1971 with the Philips' Moon Map. Still use it and it's still in print for a mere £5.48 Philip's Moon Map (Astronomy): Amazon.co.uk: Philip's Publishing, George Philip & Son: Books

I also have the University of Arizona Lunar & Planetary Laboratory Moon Quadrant maps, which I bought from the British Astronomical Association's on-line bookshop. They are huge but look good on the wall!

I could do with a moon map, I clicked on the link above to amazon marketplace seller, now I know astronomy can be expensive but the new copy on Amazon is showing as £2000.00, and would you believe they still want £2.75 p+p, think I might go for the cheaper option and fly there Lol,

I could do with a moon map, I clicked on the link above to amazon marketplace seller, now I know astronomy can be expensive but the new copy on Amazon is showing as £2000.00, and would you believe they still want £2.75 p+p, think I might go for the cheaper option and fly there Lol,

Yes, I have noticed that Amazon's pricing policy is bizarre to say the least. It is now showing £53.13 + £2.75 postage! Blahdvd.com are doing it for £5.22 with free delivery. Now that's more like it!

When i read the title i thought it was like desert island discs but books on the moon!? :S

i googled the lunar 100 and am trying to work my way through the list thats helping.

Paul

Archived