SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Moon landings.....

alowen

I'm with everyone else here on this - It really happened. After 40 years, the conspiracy theories are still only conspiracy theories, and no-one has any 'proof' otherwise.

And did you know that an estimated 2 BILLION people watched the Moon landing on tv - a third of the world's entire population!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm with everyone else here on this - It really happened. After 40 years, the conspiracy theories are still only conspiracy theories, and no-one has any 'proof' otherwise.

And did you know that an estimated 2 BILLION people watched the Moon landing on tv - a third of the world's entire population!!!

What's more amazing is that in 1969, world POP. was just less than 4 billion !! So "HALF " witnessed it !

As with most conspiracy thories you will find site that provide "a very belivable case" as you will also find for 911 etc.

I belive we landed, and somewhere along the line the people that paid for it realised it was a ponitless excersise and not econimcally worth it.

But hey we got Teflon.

I dont belive its worth shooting for Mars, there are far more important things to be sorted on our planet before we go spending trillions on going to another.

1 Yes we went to the Moon and it gave us more than Teflon

2 When mankind has projects like this there will always be new discoveries. A lot of poeple thought a place called Cern was a waste of money but one off shoot was how they got their PC's to talk to each other. We now call it the web WWW. If it wasnt for pure science I would be drawing pic's on a cave wall

3 We choose to go to Mars and do the other things

rob

It happened for sure. I saw it on an episode of the Clangers.

BTW If Sputnik had not made it into orbit first, do you think there would have been the same political impetus to drive the Apollo programme? Maybe if things had been slightly different, we would be sleeping by the light of a Communist Moon.

I attended an evening with Sir Bernard Lovell at the Manchester Museum of Science and Technology nearly three years ago when both Jodrell Bank and I celebrated our 50th birthdays.

One of the questions put to Sir Bernard by a memeber of the audience was about the moon missions. While Jodrell Bank wasn't direclty involved, Sir Bernard did say they followed the mission from launch to splash down and he could quite categorically tell us that Apollo 11 went to the moon and returned and that they could even tell when Neil Armstrong took manual controll of the LEM.

I too remember following events on TV and in my mind, and those of the rest of the inhabitants of the global village, we believed and I still do, that the Americans went to the Moon. The latest his res shots of the landing sites confirms it in my opinion.

It strikes me that it is the arrogance of the young, who appear to doubt that we had the necessary technology and computing power at that time to put a man on the Moon, but if course we did. We also had Concorde, which could fly at twice the speed of sound non stop from New York to London within the stratosphere on a regular scheduled basis, colour TV and communications satellites or have I been fooled there also?

Brinders

Im pretty sure everyone on here would agree that we did. The hoax theory is ridiculous.

Having read the books and viewed a number of the programmes particularly on Channel 200s Controversial TV about the NASA moon landings and did they happen or not, my gut feeling is that man has landed on the lunar surface but I do not believe that we have been told the truth about what may have been discovered there or on Mars for that matter and I am not just ferering to the discovery of water. We currently live in very challenging but exciting times.

So many people with the technology to blow the gaff would love to have done so! No, incredibly enough they did go there. They were darned lucky to get away with it though.

However, 9/11 is another matter altogether. It is not remotely credible to me that the attacks - especially on the Pentagon - could possibly have been orchestrated without inside help. Maybe I'll start a new thread on this one.

Olly

There will always be people who will never be convinced by an obvious truth. The Apollo programme was just too complex and involved too many people to fake. In fact, it was easier to go to the moon. When you stand beneath the business end of the mighty Saturn V in awe, then you believe!

Been there!

The Launch Control Room experience made my eyes water...

Did you do the 'Shuttle Launch Experience'? Awesome.

I did, it was fantastic and not what I expected. I could only spend the day there and spent most of my time at the Early Spaceflight building and the Apollo Centre (along with the observation pad). The experience was the last thing I did just as they closed for the day.

best "reasoning" as to why we definately did go to the moon was from neil armstrong a few years ago.

he pointed out that since the apollo missions we've discovered that the russians had spies infiltrated into just about every single US project of the 60's and 70's. if the moon landings were faked then the russians would certainly have known about it and would have taken great delight in informing the rest of the world about the lying US capitalists.

Archived