Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon landings.....

alowen

Hi all, i went to my dads last night with the sun shining and full of good intentions to do some gazing.

We set up his Meade 125etx to cool and had a brew while we waited for darkness to fall. However the clouds rolled in ahead of forecast and the evening was a washout.

So with time on my hands i sat with my old man and we chatted and chatted and chatted some more. The subject of the Apollo landings came up and then he mentioned the Hoax theories and the counters to those.

I was born 7 years after apollo 11 landed on the moon but have read and watched countless information/books/documentaries on the Apollo program.

And with the recent LRO images of the landing sites my belief is cemented.

Personally im a believer as is my father, i dont know if this has been done on here before but what are your takes on it: did we or didnt we land on the moon?

Al

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As with most conspiracy thories you will find site that provide "a very belivable case" as you will also find for 911 etc.

I belive we landed, and somewhere along the line the people that paid for it realised it was a ponitless excersise and not econimcally worth it.

But hey we got Teflon.

I dont belive its worth shooting for Mars, there are far more important things to be sorted on our planet before we go spending trillions on going to another.

I was 9 years old when the Apollo 11 mission put Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the moon. That mission and the subsequent ones seemed pretty real to me :p

If the LRO images did not convince everybody then I don't know what will :D

If we faked it, you'd better believe the Russians would have blown the whistle on us. Personally, i like what a few of our Astronauts had to say about the sensationalistic hoax:

“If we faked going to the Moon, why did we fake it nine times?” - Charlie Duke

“When you strap a Saturn 5 to your butt, you know you're going somewhere.” - Eugene Cernan

That about says it all, in my book. :D

I have to admit some of the accusations from the 'hoaxers' are laughable.

And as Buzz Aldrin says " NASA had around a quarter of a million people working for them during the Apollo programs, that's a lot of people keeping a secret."

did we or didnt we land on the moon?

I dont know about anyone else but i can honestly say with my hand on my heart that I have never been to the Moon. My wheelchair just doenst have enough thrust to get me airbourne......contrary to what my profile image shows.

If we faked it, you'd better believe the Russians would have blown the whistle on us........................

That about says it all, in my book. :D

That is, for me, the ultimate proof. Both governments were checking each other out very closely and the soviets would have jumped at the chance to embarrass the capitalist west.

There will always be people who will never be convinced by an obvious truth. The Apollo programme was just too complex and involved too many people to fake. In fact, it was easier to go to the moon. When you stand beneath the business end of the mighty Saturn V in awe, then you believe!

post-13618-133877444489_thumb.jpg

If we faked it, you'd better believe the Russians would have blown the whistle on us. Personally, i like what a few of our Astronauts had to say about the sensationalistic hoax:

“If we faked going to the Moon, why did we fake it nine times?” - Charlie Duke

“When you strap a Saturn 5 to your butt, you know you're going somewhere.” - Eugene Cernan

That about says it all, in my book. :p

With you all the way on that Carol -spot on !

Two GREAT Apollo Astronauts too, not heard the E Cernan quote before, sounds right !:D

One day Man will return to the Moon. It will be difficult to explain if there are no footprints to view - if that happened the credibility of the USA would be destroyed. I also believe the statements made by the Astronauts - their credibility is also at stake. Americans walked on the Moon.

Mark

Every major event attracts nutcases. Pity we can't send them to the moon...

They wouldn't believe they were there, anyway. :D

That is, for me, the ultimate proof. Both governments were checking each other out very closely and the soviets would have jumped at the chance to embarrass the capitalist west.

You betcha, and i'm sure we'd have done the same if they were making the claim. ;) If i'm not mistaken, the Russians had something in orbit at about the same time (if not the same time) that Apollo 11 landed. They also had a rover (Lunakhod?) crawling around one of the marias.. i believe it was Serenitatis.

Ah, those were the days. :p

Archived