SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from North Hampshire

ezza123

Hello all,

This is a variation of my first post from another forum a few days ago....

Last Week I got a pair of Meade 10x50 Binoculars from an on-line retailer,

I read that I should try out binoculars first before going for a scope.

We have had few clear nights over north Hampshire for me to use them and I have been happy with my observations. At this time the Beehive Cluster and Pleiades are my most interesting finds so far.....(yes I know I have a long way to go!!)

I am still deciding on what telescope to go for budget of around 350 that is portable and can view moon planets and some DSO's there are so many opinions from people on what to get. I am reading all the links posted here and learning fast!

Anyway - that's my hello - hope you are all well.

Aaron - Basingstoke

Hello Aaron and welcome SGL.

It's nice to have another north Hampshire bod on here, I'm from Farnborough which is only down the road from you.

I started off with a Meade ETX 60 which is a good scope with goto so you have no worries about finding interesting things because it does it for you. It's a bit limited though being only a 60mm aperture and it will find lots of things but you'll only be able to see the brightest ones and alot of the DSO aren't that bright, but for clusters and planets and the moon it'll do fine.

I've now got a skywatcher 200p which is 8" and it's superb, it's very big and pretty heavy so just about portable. Skywatcher do smaller newtonians and goto versions and in my opinion you can't go far wrong with one.

Good luck and clear skies and you'll get plenty of very good advice on here.

Marc

Hi Aaron, Welcome to the forum from another Hamsphire bod. Just down the road from you in Eastleigh.

I'm another 200P owner, this time it's the dobsonian version. Highly recommended ;)

Hi Aaron, don't think you have a long way to go, enjoy the journey! As I was advised, get the biggest aperture you can afford. If it hasn't got electronics on it, you get more glass, and that lets you see more things. you have already found two great objects, there's loads more.

Nice to see such a friendly bunch of peeps!!!

I'm wavering on a Sky watcher Skymax 127 SynScan Telescope so I can be a little more mobile and take it on holidays and it seems to have loads of good reviews..still I am happy with my binos for the time being.....also

interesting about telescope planet don't you think....

Archived