Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL6 Dates

Ant

Hi Emz,

We haven't published a price for SGL6 but last year it was £11 per pitch per night without electricity or £13.50 with. It was strictly one tent per pitch but (within reason) no per person charge. I'd be surprised if the price was very different next year.

Someone from Admin will probably reply with something official that you can publish but hopefully that gives you an idea to be going on with.

Mike

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ian,

Last year Lucksall did not stipulate a maximum size. They probably would outside of the star party though. Their expectation was that the number of people using the tent would be "reasonable" (never did get a definition).

One of the attendees to SGL5 had a rather large tent - not an easy shape for me to work out its area but I'd guess it was probably about the same area as yours. That was OK.

We may be looking for a communal marquee or two - perhaps we could use your tent? :):):D

Mike

Count me in, I may have the wife and kids in toe unless i can leave the kids with someone ! I'll need a patch for a caravan with hook up to keep the tea flowing over night !

9th April, i assume friday and saturday night ?

Count me in, I may have the wife and kids in toe unless i can leave the kids with someone ! I'll need a patch for a caravan with hook up to keep the tea flowing over night !

9th April, i assume friday and saturday night ?

I bought our van to SGL5 this year (only me in it !) but didn't bother with a hook up - it was just a place to brew coffee and crash out !.

Planning to do the same in 2010 hopefully :D

I camped in my daughters small tent for SGL4 and nearly froze to death :) - I'm too old for canvas I've decided ......

Well i camped with the wife, once, nice hot summer...next time RAIN RAIN RAIN, that much that the tent rained in, wet ground etc etc....so she said never again !

Hence the van....plus i think i'll have the kids with me too..... :-(

Only the booking information has still to be released.

When this has been sorted we will make a forum wide announcement so no one misses it.

Cheers Jamie,

I'm just getting into it and thought the party would be an ideal education in the practical aspects of astronomy, and survival at the end of March lol

• 3 weeks later...

SGL5 was my first StarParty and I had a blast! Going to this one too! really good to have some thing to look forward to after the Christmas blues!

Anyone that is thinking of going for the first time, just do it! I don't think you will be dissapointed :D One thing...it's cold ......real cold.....really really cold.....bring duvets...sleeping bags..thermals...more duvets...heaters ....and another duvet just to be on the safe side!

Though the wierd thing is....I got sunburn during the day!

Yeah anyone not been before shouldn't be put off by the cold its a very good place for your first time. And yes Squiddy did get sun burnt but that was due to the execessive amount of alcohol he drunk before hand and just sat all day face first in the sun....lol

We cant wait to go again next year and we will be in our new tent only used once although its about the sixe of our flat.

Cheers

Neil

Archived