Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heads Up - I think there may be a Prom about to detach

cdd2455

Hi all

I started looking at 11:30 Central European Time, there appears to be a prom at the 2 o'clock position in my eyepiece - perhaps in the process of detaching, having watched it for 30 mins I think I can see some some movement away from the edge of the sun.

BR and Clear Skies.

Carl

Gap in the clouds today at 11.45 and a brief view of the Sun with PST/80mm modded scope. Several prominent filaments and a significant detached nebulous cloud of material in the "4 o'clock" position as seen in the scope orientation.

I've been watching that "detached neboulous cloud" for the last few hours waiting for it to woosh away - but it's still hovering. Now at 16:00 CET at my 12 o'clock eyepiece position. I'd be interested to learn the mechanics of that effect, how can the cloud be maintained when gravity is pulling, photonic preasure is pushing and magnetic fields must be rippling it about. Hmmmm.

Best Regards

Carl

BR Carl

Archived