SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Essex.

Joe105

Hello everyone.I'm Joseph (Joe) from just outside Harlow in Essex.

I,m coming up to 66 yrs of age and retired.( and enjoying it).

I suppose I've been an astronomy buff all my life (apart from my early years). I've had various 'scopes in the past that have come and gone. My present 'scope is a Sky-Watcher 10" Dobsonian with which, after some small modifications, I'm very pleased with.

I fitted an azimuth setting circle to the base with aa adjustable magnetic pointer. A Wixey digital angle gauge with magnetic base to the tube. I replaced the original feet with adjustable base board feet.

A 'Lazy Susan' bearing was added to the base and the Teflon altitude bearings I replaced with skate board bearings. Now the whole lot moves super smooth.

I use the PC programs 'Stellarium' and 'Virtual Moon Atlas' for reference and have the books 'Nightwatch' and 'Turn Left at Orion'.

On a scale of 1 to 9, seeing here is about 5 up to about midnight when it improve to about 4 when the neighbourhood house lights diminish.

So, I leave you at present with kind regards and look forward to future participation.

Archived