SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NEW ASTROTRAC TT320X-AG

And to think of all the grief I took for saying it cost too much... :-)

New one = spot one!...nice job! (he says after just getting an EQ3-2 with full autoguide capability on a mount for less than this costs)

...lol

Nick, I often wondered how small and quick to set up a full autoguiding system could be. Do you have a standalone autoguider or use a computer? The EQ3-2 doesn't have as good motors and gears as the larger mounts does it? Is that compensated for by guiding it or does it give the guider more to do?

Maybe you can tell that I've only read about guiding ;)

Anyway, perhaps one day it will be possible to build a mount with camera and autoguider all integrated into the head! You could adjust the camera a bit to find a guide star and then off it goes... all self contained.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe its the EQ3 Pro Syscan goto...

No need for an additional Tripod, Wedge/geared head, Ballhead etc, Guiding in RA and DEC , Goto .....

Ok no where near as sexy or portable but I think thats where I am going to be heading... using a modded Celestron 9x50 finder with the DMK and a Samsung NC10 running PHD for the guiding...

Peter...

Archived