SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Thanks Mike.....

daz

Yup ...was fantastic...and now I'm on a downer :D was brilliant to be away from the stresses of life and not have a care in the world but coming back to reality has left a big empty gap!

Thanks for all the effort put in by everybody that went to make the event such a blast!

Looking forward to doing it again soon.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fab event. Fab people. Couldn't believe the weather, and no contrails too. Huge thanks to Mike for all his organisation, and a personal thanks for taking the time with me to go into the details of polar alignment, Alignmaster and EQMod. What a gent!

Richard

Top marks to MikeP for a stunning feat of organisation.

Firstly, setting off enough dynamite in a volcano in Iceland to set off a cloud of ash to keep the planes on the ground - no contrails to ruin my images, fantastic - if I can give a wee bit of advice, just a little less dynamite next time - lets see if we can keep the planes grounded without hazing the sky :)

Secondly, the weather. Mike seems to have arranged for a high pressure area to anchor off the coast of Scotland - partly no doubt to allow the ash in and partly to give us the clear skies. Another wee piece of advice - if you can pull this off again let us know. Steve and I arrived back at home looking remarkably like lobsters :D

Thirdly, and this must have been childs play in comparison to the first two, congratulations for organising the site, booking meals, marquees, halls, producing name badges, getting people to their pitches and a host of other things I've forgotten. Nice one Mike - thank you for your efforts and a fantastic star party :D

James

Had a wonderful time: good company, good weather, good location and a great atmosphere.

Special thanks, of course, to the indomitable MikeP and his helpers Helen, Mark at Beaufort and TheThing. (I am sure there are others but they are the first to spring to mind).

And the speakers too, I managed to attend three talks but from what I hear they were all good :D

Steve :)

Many thanks Mike and everyone who gave time to make this a really enjoyable event.

Whoever arranged the weather - day and night - also did an amazing job!

The odds of successfully having two cloudless nights in a row are approximately 3,720 to one!

Many thanks all for the great company.

Archived