SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

One of my best i think..Now inc Full Sized image...

OXO

Here's my image from this morning 13th Sep taken with the TS Frac and Canon 300D, i'll do a report later today as my eyes are closeing..

Really Really happy with the image and i personally think it's one of my best :wink: imho.

TS 5" Frac

Canon 300D

26 Frames Stacked in Registax

Editted Tiff in CS2

image.jpg

James

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the Replies Chaps and kind comments.

Setting up the TS Frac took around 30Min's as i had to find some screws i could fix the dovetail with, strange how the Heq5 Dovetails don't fit my EQ6 has anyone else had experience of this? Anyway after setting up (I had to setup in a differant part of the garden so i could observe/image the Moon this meant over some flowers which i carefully placed the EQ6 tripod legs thankfully i didn't damage any of them or i would be in the Doo Doo :wink:).

Popped in a 35mm Homemade eyepiece and WOW Observed the Moon with a really Detailed and Crisp view compared to the ED80 the details of the extra Aperture blew the ED80 over CA wasn't an issue as this TS Frac is F/9.4, Watching the shadows between imaging for around 2 hours was fantastic also the peaks of darkend craters appearing 8). Had a visit from a friendly Cat which i gave some milk and we comfortably observed Luna. Seeing conditions were excellent for my location and transparency was good this meant banging up the Mag with 2x 2 Barlows which gave walking on the Moon like views with the EQ6 tracking well after more care was taken with polar alignment this helped in observing fine details on the lunar surface a luxury.

James :moon:

Homemade eyepiece?

Hi Steve,

I have a homemade eyepiece made from an old olympus Stereo Microscope eyepiece basically took the optics out and rehoused it in a piece of Plumbers pipeing sprayed black and then sealed with some rubber, the base of the EP is made from Plumbers copper pipeing which is 1.25" luckly.

Caz,

Ps... Nearly as good as mine

Nah it's not even close to yours :wink:

Olympus Optics are top drawer and microscope eyepiece designs are the same or similar to astro eyepieces ... but then you already know that :wink:

If the likes of Canon and Nikon and Olympus were to become involved in astronomy, they would create quite a stir!!!

Wouldn't it just hey 8) Didn't Nikon produce some Astro Eyepieces in the 80's?

Yes, they did, together with a refractor or two but they were few and far between :wink:

Of course, Pentax still produce very high quality eyepieces, and refractors. The eyepieces are easy enough to source but the refractors are a tad more difficult!

Yes, they did, together with a refractor or two but they were few and far between Sad

Of course, Pentax still produce very high quality eyepieces, and refractors. The eyepieces are easy enough to source but the refractors are a tad more difficult!

Ive seen some Astrophotographers use Pentax Refractors on the Sky At Night Programme Damien Peach i think was one of them so they must be good eh :wink:

Thanks Robin :grin:

Can't get over how sharp the image is!, some would say APO like Shocked. Can you remind us all which model scope that is James!!

Hi Rob,

The scope is a Telescope Service 5" 127mm f/9.4 has your normal 1.25"/2" Focusser(nearly the same as Syntas) Optics seem very good CA in the scope was evident after taking some pics of the double cluster last night but not as bad as you may expect from such a scope even if it is f.9.4 which is pretty cool. I can compare last nights observing Imaging to a Skywatcher 8" F/5 reflector in terms of resolution but being such a high focal ratio you do have the advantage of greater close ups :wink:.

James

Archived