Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Raw image problem

Hi

With many of you helping me with my Astro photography have been advised to take my subs in a RAW not jpeg form. The problem is that I operated on MAC OSX and their "iPhoto " program does not read RAW files. Can anyone advise me as good Software for MAC which will accept these files for converting to jpeg or tiff.

Thanks

Robin

I have the Canon Software that came with the Camera which I downloaded on to my Windows XP Laptop OK but when I tried loading it onto my MAC OSX it gave me a message " Dont have enough privilage to install. Log in as a Administrator & try again" I havn't a clue what this means and have e.mailed Canon for advice. Unless anyone else knows.

Robin

The message means that you can't install the software as You. I would assume that there is someway you can log off as you, and log back in as the Administrator? (Don't know about Macs I'm afraid, but the same thing happens in Windows)

Can you install other software OK?

Ah, just thought, chap at work has a Mac, I'll ask him about the Admin account and get back to you.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived