stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

M42 25x240secs ISO 800

Hi here M42 taken last month. Not sure if I have the colour balance right so any advise is welcome.

Taken using

Ed 100 pro with focal reducer

Canon 350d

Guided using equinox 80 and phd

25x240secs ISO 800

jpg.gifThanks Dean

post-14596-133877440108_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dean
can anyone tell me what causes the red glow creeping into the bottom right hand corner?

Most likely it's an amp glow, a deficiency some camera sensors exhibit on long exposures. Though some models claim to be amp-glow free (like canon 1000d). Using in-camera long exposure noise reduction usually eliminates that, but it will probably eliminate some (a lot?) of useful data of the target. So you can either live with it, or just have a quick play in PhotoShop :D

Marius

Using in-camera long exposure noise reduction usually eliminates that, but it will probably eliminate some (a lot?) of useful data of the target. So you can either live with it, or just have a quick play in PhotoShop :D

Surely darks will get rid of this wont they? And you'll use far less data with a master dark stacked in DSS rather than a separate one for each sub (as the camera based NR will do).

Fantastic image by the way, I love the definition on those blue whisps.