Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Work in progress: NGC 5033 - 13/04/10

Whippy

The satellite images earlier on today showed promise but it's not promising now over Cambridgeshire right now! So I'm not quite sure when I'm going to add some more to this as we're slowly hurtling towards the 'dead zone' where imaging isn't an option although, one nice thing about it not being dark until 10pm is I can put the kids to bed, have a coffee and sort myself out before I setup rather than the midwinter rush to get out ASAP, nice and civilised :).

Anyways, I had plans to have a late one but was clouded out by 12.30 so this is all I have so far. 2 hours 6 minutes of exposure time (18 x 7 mins) taken with an Atik 16hr with IDAS LP and IR cut filters in the nose piece through an ED120. Guided with a ZS66, QHY5 and PHD on top of the EQ6 pro. I reckon another nights' worth of luminence would give it some justice and if I manage to get some colour, great but I'm not holding my breath.

Tony..

post-13439-133877440046_thumb.jpg

Archived