Best field flattener for Celestron C80-ED

hi,

there's been a few topics on field flatteners, but I can't find any which decisively say which one is best for the Celestron C80-ED (600mm f/7.5).

I seen it mentioned that a WO Type III flattener can be used, but then also that the type II worked better. I've also seen good reviews of the Skywatcher flattener, but then they seem to be designed only to screw onto the back of Skywatcher fracs with no conclusive evidence that they can fit onto the Celestron draw tube either directly or with a 2" tube adapter.

So I would be interested to know if anyone has any further experience or information on this please. My priority is a flattener, but also some reduction would be nice, eg. 0.8 or 0.6.

Many thanks

I dont know about the type 3, but I do know the type 2 worked quite well with C80ED, you could try a televue 0.8 reducer. Last time I spoke to FLO, they were looking into making a 2" push fit adaptor for the Skywatcher reducers, so they can be used in similar focal ratio scopes. They will with the right adaptors (I would think) work well with the Celestron C80ED & 100ED.

Nadeem..

thanks again Nadeem. That is pretty flat. Shame the type II is so difficult to come by now......bet you'd only sell yours for a cool £mil !!!

I've picked up a nice 150p newt now and Baader mpcc which I believe works well with the C80 too, although not a reducer.

Archived