SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Centaurus A (NGC 5128)

Sam

Another great evening of astronomy, this time it's NGC 5128. This is 3 hours worth of 6min subs, same equipment as the tarantula nebula image I took on Saturday. I put some calibration frames with this one but it looks like I need to redo the darks. Anyway I hope you like it.:)

post-14099-133877439714_thumb.jpg

Here you go:

Camera: Canon 1000D Modded

Telescope: Skywatcher 250px

Guide Telescope: Skywatcher ST80

Guide Camera: QHY5

Mount: EQ6 Syntrek

Software: PHD, Guidemaster, EQMOD, PixInsight 1.5, Deep Sky Stacker

yeah the wind is ok after a while - it certainly does get windy though! Heading into late autumn is always full of contrasts - like today, frost in the morning but hot enough for shorts and tee-shirt by 10am - now the fire's going!!

Anyway I had a chance to reprocess the image with darks that remove all of the hot pixels - did the drizzle thing on DSS as well to get a bit closer up. I think I've got a bit more of the dark structure coming through.

Sam

post-14099-133877440694_thumb.jpg

This is a lovely image - oh how I envy you those skies and right now I have four New Zealanders staying with me, none of whom are interested in astronomy but all are keen to tell me just how much better their skies are!!

You have some remarkable objects in the South Sam, and Centaurus A is certainly one of them. This is a cracking Image of it, and another plus for the 1000D.

I hope the winds die down soon.:D

Ron.:)

Thanks Ron, no wind today so hopefully tonight will be nice and clear - looking good so far, though I know there's a front on the South Island at the moment which will be heading our way.

Thanks! so far this evening is looking quite good, the wind is settling and the cloud is sticking to the ranges and keeping away from the coast. Not sure what I'm going after tonight but rest assured there will be more southern sights on the way to SGL!

Archived