SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

saturn 10th april

neil phillips

That's a nice one Neil!:):icon_salut::p

It seems that Nthn. or Sthn. Hemisphere, we're all getting a lot of rotten nights attempting Saturn.....on the good seeing occassions there's issues with transparency affecting framerate/brightness/gain factors: high cloud etc - perhaps just indicative of the gathering shift towards summer or winter (whichever hemisphere you're in.....)

Hi Guys yep there is a blue ring that i think might be the effect of bad colour dispersion caused by not having a IR UV block and possibly gamma used, ill have to try and reprocess, not sure if it can be dealt with as RGB align certainly didnt deal with it, There might be something i can try not sure what yet though

Cheers guys think it might be my best so far this year shame about the trans though

Arad thanks for pointing that out i thought i had dealt with it but my monitor is dark here, hopefully its now gone if anyone can confim that, just a quick and dirty repair, think ill still reprocess at some point

Arad thanks for pointing that out i thought i had dealt with it but my monitor is dark here, hopefully its now gone if anyone can confim that, just a quick and dirty repair, think ill still reprocess at some point
Yup - gone on the same monitor I saw it on earlier this morning :)

Hi Ramis no it was the 10" just love this scope, its certainly lacking a little resolution and light grasp but makes up for it with tight sharp shots the 12" will at some point get a go though.

Cheers for checking on your monitor Arad, this monitor isnt callibrated or good enough for correct callibration i dont think, so its good to know what others are actually seeing, this monitor hides the flaws, not good.

Hi Ken yep it was the Firewire port, i had a local commputer firm fit some new ports and a card, sensetivety of the camerA

seemed pretty bad last night though saturn is faint and there was a lot of mist rolling around. Was wondering though what firewire card was fitted, not sure if the quality of the card will affect the cameras sensetivety, ( or anything else ) if anyone knows.

I might check up on this, but probably just mist and saturns low brightness at play here

Super image. Confirms what I have suspected over the last few nights in that Saturn's NEB has become so indistinct it merges with the rest of the NPR region. It was a lot more defined late March.

interesting info, its so difficult geting any banding this year, think the banding here is the most formed ive got so far, 10" scopes are struggling with the faint detail somewhat, would be nice if i could get perfect trans and seeing, and get to at least 15 frames a sec to get an better look at whats going on with the gas belts

Archived