Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Posting a tute....?

Kokatha man

Well, after trying a few moderators to see if anyone is awake/around on your side of the planet I thought I'd post this as a thread here.....

I've just finished a reasonably comprehensive tutorial on planetary image processing using the latest version of Registax (v5.1) that I've been promising to folks in the planetary imaging forum for a darn long time!:)

Wondering what the process is for doing said - I have the text in one file (with page breaks set up and text such as "untitled1.jpg" in appropriate places as well as the jpg files/images to be inserted into these spots.....so it's really up and ready to load!

(I'd put the images into the text file - Microsoft Word 2003) but sending this to someone resulted in them being unable to open the images so think it best the way I eventually sent it to him as described above.....

Anyways, it's here and ready if someone wants to get back to me on this....!:p

Tried to send it as a pdf in an email to someone yesty but it wouldn't work, even though Adobe Acrobat pro is loaded onto this machine.....

Haven't tried opeing up AAP and pasting it in there but will attempt to do so today sometime and give it a go.....these are areas I'm a bit of a klutz about, my IT expert won't be home till this evening....!:):p

KM

If you post the text in one thread, we'll sticky it, no problem.

How many images are there?

What I'm thinking is we can set up an FTP location for you to upload them to, and give you the address to link to in the text (e.g. stargazerslounge.com/planetary_tutorial/images/image1.jpg)

How does that sound?

KM

If you post the text in one thread, we'll sticky it, no problem.

How many images are there?

What I'm thinking is we can set up an FTP location for you to upload them to, and give you the address to link to in the text (e.g. stargazerslounge.com/planetary_tutorial/images/image1.jpg)

How does that sound?

Hi daz - there's 14 images in the tute: I could post it as a new thread and split the images into however many posts required as per "images per post" rules.....none are over 100Kb, and leave it to you to do the rest.....

TH, I was meant to email them to my partner (she's an IT troubleshooter at one of our local uni's) but didn't get around to it.....she wanted me to send 'em to her workplace in case my machine wouldn't pdf them.....but last night was a bit hectic.

Thanks very much for the offer but I reckon I'll send them to her to sort if I can't do it myself - that or do the post/thread suggestion of daz's.....and ask her whar an "FTP" location means for a simpleton like me:eek::) - I sort of have an idea:D but I'll contact her first and then get back to you people!:p

Regards, Darryl.

Archived