SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Red filter sheet

Bizibilder

I want to cover my various torches and lanterns etc with red plastic filters to make "safe lights" for the Observatory. I have found this company in another post:

Primary Red : Buy Primary Reds online from Formatt Filters

BUT although the filters cost £10.50 for more than I would ever use they want £10 +vat postage and packing!! :):p This brings the bill to over £25!!

Anyone know a cheaper supplier? or one in the Norfolk area that I could buy from?

Thanks.

Thanks for your suggestions and kind offers of assistance :):p.

I spent the morning in town and found an office supply shop that sold red document wallets so I bought a couple - for less than 50P. I've just made up a battery lantern for the observatory and a mains light for the garage - see pics.

By the way the mains light has only a 15 watt bulb in it as I have effectivly blocked all the ventilation! It runs just warm like this and does not appear to suffer at all!

post-17157-133877439168_thumb.jpg

Archived