Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Advice on what scope(s) I should get rid of

Tony.S

If you end up buying a 12 inch or above SCT, you will need to factor in an observatory too....my 14 inch meade weighed 140lbs, and was certainly not portable.

Keep the dob :p

Cheers

Rob

Wow.

I didn't realise they weighed that much :)

Mind you, I've just noticed a Celestron Nexstar 11 in the for sale section, something like that looks ideal.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
by the way Tony

on a slightly different topic but related to the dob, how do you find that short tube for collimation etc?

I collimate it every time I use it.

I use a laser collimator & it takes less than 2 mins

Well now I've gone & done it.

I have found the scope that I want, the Towa has gone to its new home, the 5SE is "sort of" pending sale if the member gets back to me...

And now the really sad bit, I have put my Orion dob up for sale :D & after a lot of hard thinking (& I'm still not sure) I have put up for sale my beautifull Vixen :):(

I know exactly what you mean Russ, I have been churning this over in my head for days now but I have my heart set on this other scope.

The dob is going to be very hard to part with, its definately the easiest to set-up, out with the base on with the scope,a quick bit of laser collimation & just let it cool down.

The Vixen for me is still the hardest to part with, it was my first scope & to me it looks like a piece of art..I am truly gutted about parting with it.

Hopefully I can raise some funds from other things I have, then I can keep both the dob & the Vixen

Archived