Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Who has had success with street lighting?

EA2007

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received this in my inbox:

"I have been given your request to "shade some of the street lighting in *******". I have reviewed the site and what I have organised is a shade to be fitted to the rear of the lantern on street light no. 2, which is to the side of your property.

The other Street light, no. 1, which is outside **********, cannot be shielded to assist you as it is on the opposite side of the road and there is no facility to shield lanterns to the front.

I understand your needs but this is as much as we (NYCC) can do."

Peter Ball

Street Lighting Dept

North Yorkshire County Council

Better than nothing I guess, shall have to wait to find out how much the lighting is dimmed by the shade they put up. Otherwise I shall have to make my own shade from within the garden and stick it above the car 'port'.

Oh yes... the 'straight forward' light.... The main one that still troubles me.... shielding is the only option. Good that you've got shields fitted, you'll notice the difference immediately.

PEterW

Archived