Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon EOS 40D / Programmable Remote Trouble!

Hi all! Havin' a spot of bovver with the mirror lock-up setting on my Canon EOS 40D DSLR and my EZa-C3 programmable remote shutter release. The remote works fine without the mirror lock-up but with it set the camera does not save the image to the card as the recording to card light does not come on and no images are recorded. Am I doing something daft? Very possible with me! :)

Alexxx

not all timer remotes work properly with mirror lockup unless you use it in conjunction with the self timer...

Mirror lockup needs two shutter presses to operate the shutter.. the first lifts the mirror and the second one opens it....

By using the self timer the timer remote will trigger the cameras self timer and lift the mirror and the self timer will then open the shutter once it runs down...

Add the 2 or 10s to the exposure time on the remote if your really fussy...

Peter...

what I would be inclined to do...

Forget about the timer remote bit and self timer for a moment ... turn it off...

Set the camera to manual... Bulb exposure witht he mirror lock function enabled...

Push the shutter release button on the remote and let it go...

the mirror should lift...

Push and hold the release button again and the shutter should open whilst you keep the button pressed...

If that has worked...

Enable the self-timer option on the camera...

press and hold the release button on the remote the mirror should lift and after the self timer runs down the shutter should open...

If this works look again at the programing of the timer remote...

Peter....

Archived