What a difference

martin_h

What a difference having an observatory makes...I nipped out for a smoke at midnight and noticed the clouds had cleared....so I grabbed my keys, rolled off the roof, lens caps off EP in and I was away - 10 mins flat!!

An hour later it had clagged over so close it up and back indoors. Not so long ago I wouldn't have botherd going out because setting up/breaking down was a chore that was taking the shine off my enjoyment, I once setup/broke down 3 times in one evening.

So forget the next biggest/fastest scope or new EP, if there is anyway you can get one in your garden DO IT! build/buy an observatory. The bit that houses the scope in mine is only 2 mtrs square but it makes all the difference.

Absolutely! I have finally finished mine, more or less, and there is nothing simpler than rolling back the roof and firing up the wee beastie :)

Also I have finally moved a desktop out here that contains all my music mp3s, movies etc, so finally have some 'company' to help keep me awake and also just got internet access sorted for it today via Solwise Homelug adapters that use the mains cables to transmit the data. Happy little bunny now I can sit here and catch up on the forum from the comfort of the obsy.

Archived