Narrowband

Televue Panoptic Interface for Big Barlow: Yes or No

Hi.

When I use the Nagler 31mm with the big barlow the eye relief becomes a bit too much and makes eye placement more critical.

I noticed TV haves this piece of gear that makes a big barlow behave like a powermate and is said to correct this problem. Have any of you used it?

Is it a good idea to buy one or am I better off selling the big barlow and replacing it with a powermate?

Thanks

I just called TeleVue and guess who answered?!

Al Nagler himself! That's costumer service! :D

On to the solution: He said the panoptic interface will bring the eyerelief on the Nagler to it's proper position and solve my problem. However he suggested if I could sell the BigBarlow and get a powermate instead I would have the same effect in a shorter and lighter package causing less stress on the focuser.

So I guess I'll make a sales thread next to see how it goes.

PS-> He also confessed that using the word panoptic on the interface name, was probably the worst naming decision he made as it works on any EP. :(

Archived