Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to hold binoculars

After a frustarting 45minutes last night as I sat in the garden watching the clouds roll in, I tried my cheapish (£42 in 1998!) camera tripod to mount my 15x70's, after much adjustment & neck ache I threw the tripod in one of the borders! I just couldn;t get comfy looking at Saturn which isnt that high in the sky, and suffered as much wobble as when handheld.

So, I tried holding the binos again, then googled it - Hand-holding binoculars

- going to try the triangular arm brace method, will let you know how I get on

Chris

Have you tried mounting the binos on your cheap camera tripod and then with the legs retracted holding two legs against your abdomen with the right hand holding the binos and the left holding the top end of the tripod.

Its really stable and you just turn or tilt your body to point where you want to look.

I bought one of these,takes a bit getting used to,infact iam still getting used to it.

In my travels searching for a pair of binos I have seen the pair you have got but cannot remember the make and model.

Are they Taks? Also how does the setup you show work?

Cheers,

Austin

Yes Austin they are Taks,the reverse mirror works by mounting the

binos pointing downwards,you can see an illustration on the blue mirror cover,and then the mirror can be tilted to show the sky above whilst looking through the binoculars.

Brian

Archived