Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kielder Autumn

Dixie

A bit early to be posting this as I might be tempting fate, but Metcheck has a good forcast for the latter half of next week in Kielder...... fingers crossed peeps.

Gary

Come on Gaz, you should know by now that Metcheck only have a 50% accuracy record... and that's when they're forecasting yesterday's weather :icon_salut:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how everyone else feels, but I'm planning to boycott rolls royce in protest!

The new motor will just have to go back....sure I can find a substitute before next week!

And no flying in planes with RR engines....which are those again....?

Hope we'll see you in spring matey!

Mike

Quick question..

I'm going to be camping without power. I plan to use my power tank to power my gear. Will there be a power outlet available during the day to charge it? or would someone be kind enough to let me leach off their power to charge it?! :)

PS - Best pack the wellies, I've heard there's been a *lot* of rainfall up there recently :o

Lo All

Just received this from one of the KOAS members who is already up there; :o

'Anglers Arms - Food is back to a high standard.

Saturday of Star Camp the pub is open 11-4 and then 4-6.

However they are expecting a party of 30+ - in addition to the StarCampers.

So the AA will probably stay open 11am to 11pm.

Suggest people going for a meal go early to avoid a crush by 6pm when people might wish to begin setting up scopes etc.

Dukes Pantry is open 10am to 5pm every day.

There You go straight from the horses mouth as they say.:)

Lo Graig

That will teach Me to read the message properly :) before I quote them. :o

Kev,

Are you sure you got the opening times correct? 11-4 then 4-6 ????

Dont suppose you have any idea when the party of 30 is booked for? And finally.... When will the AA start serving food then?

Kev,

Are you sure you got the opening times correct? 11-4 then 4-6 ????

Dont suppose you have any idea when the party of 30 is booked for? And finally.... When will the AA start serving food then?

Just spoke to the landlady to book a table for Friday and she says they are doing food from 12pm to 8pm, but try to avoid 6pm because of the rush. They are open right through because of the star camp.

HTH

I note that food is available til 8pm.

Will the boozer be open later, or will it shut at 8 too?

Just trying to determine how much beer to bring. Epic proportions may need to be brought if the pub shut's early(and the skies stay cloudy).

Cheers,

Andy.

LOL I just wrote a post about how good the weather forecast was looking and then realised I was looking at the wrong location!

It's looking a bit mixed at the moment, with the clearest skies tonight and tomorrow night, with the best 'seeing' forecasted early thursday evening.

Best stock up on the beer... see you all there :-)

Just about finished my light box but haven't had a chance to test EQMOD and stellarium scope upgrades yet..., might just have to cross fingers.

Sleeps time so not too tired for trek up north.

See peeps tmrw

Michael

Typical last minute rush to look out all the stuff. As usual am paranoid I've missed something.

Hey ho.

Looking forward to quaffing a pint or two at the pub after tent erection.

Cheers peeps !!

Andy.

Archived