SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tonights Targets

Kain

Rather than hijack Caz's thread, I'm making my own list this for this evening. Hopefully I could have some pointless as I'm going to try things I have yet viewed. Uranus is a must.

First up M33. What should I expect to see using the 26mm 2" EP? U generally use that see to find things then boost the power.

Comet Faye in Aries, Will that be a fuzzy blob with a tail?

NGC7479 is this Galaxy worth seeing?

M15 Glob

and maybe M2

Probably find some more stuff too any suggestions?

Kain

Kain

Can only help you on two that I've looked at recently - M15 and M2

I'm guessing that your Dob with the 26mm EP should give you about 60x magnification ?

I viewed both M's at 78x mag with the 125mm refractor and got a small but good image of M15 - its a bit like a very small but reasonably bright M13. M2 is a lot lower down in the sky and I didn't manage to see much more than a grey smudge even though it's supposed to be a bit brighter than M15. With the Dob's greater light grab you should do better than I did - but you have a full moon to contend with !

Good hunting

:laugh:

MD

NGC7479 is worth a look in your Dob however at Mag 11.6 it will still be a tough one as MD says you have the Moon to contend with..

M33 in your scope should look rather nice although it will be Small, whilst observing look for it's egg like shape/oval and faint whisps.. It's Mag 7 so finding it should be to hard.....

James

Universal Time ( UT ) These are normally set out as 1550 as apossed too 15.50 or 3.50 pm also in some instances you will get 1550Z with the Z being an indication of UT.The Partial Eclipse starts at around 8pm GMT and 2100 UT this evening Kain.

Archived