SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Help with crashing observatory please!

michaelmorris

Its probably cheaper in the long run as Brian as said not only in components but also in having to splash out on dehumidifiers etc, I know its not very green but neither is manufacturing replacements PC's. ...

Working as I do for a government body dedicated to lessening the impact of global warming, it would probably be a tad hypocritical of me to use this strategy!

BTW, the computer has been running okay for the last week. It looks as though (for now at least) the simple technique of taking it all apart, cleaning it and putting it back together again appears to have worked. Thanks for all the advice.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to put my observatory PC in the heater cupboard every couple of months for a day or so, to fully dry it out. Also took the case off afterwards and took all the (dead) spiders out of it!

looks like it may be rectified. I always try and do a system restore to push the pc back as far as I can, this always helps with some software niggles however if its hardware related then it won't be much use.

Archived