SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

MaxDSLR @ FLO?

Hmmmm... has FLO stopped selling the MaxDSLR adapter? I already have the Nikon fit one (and very good it is too), but if I decide to get a Canon 1000d then I will need to buy another adapter - and I havent seen them anywhere else (yet!).

I could just go back to using t-rings again, but that would put the stoppers on me using a filter @ prime focus :D

Ohh... and a little "side moan".... When will the weather clear up??!! Weve had 3 weeks of rain and its getting a bit boring now...lol :( Typical April showers.

Unfortunately, yes.

We have been having great difficulty sourcing the Max-DSLR adapter so have removed it from our website. We have been contacting customers with backorders to arrange refunds, I think we have only two left to contact.

You'd be surprised at how difficult it is to find a reliable supplier of adapters.

Sorry for any inconvenience, If we find an alternative we will announce it in the sponsor section.

HTH,

Steve

This thread has reminded me, I also want a maxdslr so have just ordered mine through a company called Scopes and Skies. £24.99.

Their reputation has been in question just lately, something to do with taking orders with unavailable stocks. But have been assured by themselves that the maxdslr is in stock and should be with me next week (6 - 10 inc Sat).

Lets wait and see shall we. Will keep you posted.

Hi Steve. :(

OK

Scope n Skies are UK distributer for the Max-DSLR adapter so are most likely to have stock.

Uranium235, are you sure you need a Max-DSLR adapter? Looking through your equipment list I don't think it is necessary. Indeed it might even prevent you achieving focus when fitted to your Explorer 150p.

HTH,

Steve

The above post from FLO is absolutely correct. Like myself, I may or not be able to achieve focus, but think I will be close. If I dont, then my next move will be to purchase a 'Low Profile' focusser. May I suggest that you give FLO a call first and talk to Steve or another member of staff of your requirements and options that will enable you to make a more positive decision on your course of action.

Hope it works out for you

OK

Its ok, I can easily achieve focus with the maxDSLR already. In fact, I gained focuser travel using this adapter because its a lower profile than a T-Ring combination.

I needed this adapter becuase there was no way of using a 2" filter at prime focus using the bits I got with the scope (no filter threads). The Canon one shouldnt be any different to the Nikon so I can expect the same results. Will let you know how I get on with it :( thanks!

Got mine now, its a little different to the Nikon fit but ive measured it and its exactly the same profile as a T-Ring combo, so focus will be ok. Now im just waiting for Jessops to cough up the 1000d and I will be ready to rock.

Clear sky alert for this evening too :) Find a sheltered spot in the garden tho, theres a light breeze.

Not an easy company to get through to I found today. I had to call twice and must have phoned 'more than' 6 times only to have the phone just ring out on each occasion. How infuriating. :):p

To be honest, I could write quite easily a negative feed for this company, but that wouldn't do either of us any favours, So the outcome of the situation is that on Tuesday coming, I will be driving almost past their front door and will do the exchange of goods/words in person. Waiting for the exchange of goods BEFORE Tuesday is a little hit and miss. I've got a feeling that the goods supplied were 'seconds' re-packaged because the packaging was actually quite good.

The reason, however, why I will be passing near that area on Tuesday is :) I will be on my way to "Kelling Heath Spring Equinox Star Party".

Can't wait...........

OK

Archived