SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Bino's

Just got a big pair of knockers & tripod mount - Helios Stellar 15x70 - off fleabay. Can't wait for this inclement weather to move on & point them at the stars.

Looking down the garden comparing to my 10x50's they are big step improvement both in zoom but brightness aswell. They look & feel very good, little used (as new) and optically they appear perfect.

:(

When i was looking into buying BIG bins i tried a pair of Celestron 15x70 for size. I liked the size and weight but also felt that for them to perform at their best that they needed to be mounted on a tripod. The main reason i decided to go for 90mm bins was because i was effectively replacing a 90mm scope with BIG bins and didnt want to go for a set of bins below 90mm.

70mm bins are a vast improvement over 50mm bins. The light gathering ability will be far greater not only because of the extra 20mm in apeture but also far greater because there are 2 lenses which both have an extra 20mm apeture and the brain does its own maths and percieves the difference in a different way to just how the numbers pan out.

Hope that makes sense.

Maths is one thing......................how the brain works is abn entirely different thing.

Archived