SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

if you are interested in EQ Mounts then read this....

Facinating comparison, I have had 25kg+ on my EQ6 with no trouble and think the EQ6 is outstanding at a give away price a couple of years ago allowing many more astronomers into LX imaging. Enhanced in a major way with inexpensive EQmod.

A Winner!!!

John.

Hi Doc, glad you like my list :( I hope it's useful for astrophotographers who are looking for a new mount.

If anyone has additions or suggestions then please let me know. There must be other commercially available mounts out there that i'm not yet aware of.

-- Hans

I think the CGEM figures for PEC are a bit off, I reckon that guy had something set badly wrong with his image scale when he did the testing. You can see my results with graphs for both uncorrected and corrected here :

Periodic Error Correction Results with the CGEM « Very Amateur Astronomy

Great resource though, very useful for anyone researching a new mount!

Tim

Hi Tim,

I think the CGEM figures for PEC are a bit off, I reckon that guy had something set badly wrong with his image scale when he did the testing.

I found it high too, but it was the only PE data i could find on the CGEM.

You can see my results with graphs for both uncorrected and corrected here :

Periodic Error Correction Results with the CGEM « Very Amateur Astronomy

That looks a lot better, and more in line with my expectations of the mount. Thanks, I've added your data to the list.

Great resource though, very useful for anyone researching a new mount!

Thanks, I hope it's useful.

-- Hans

Archived