Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

book on the cosmos..

hi all, whilst in gloucester yesterday, i had to find things to do for a few hours (car being serviced), so popped into WHSmith and found a huge book open on a stand, its called "cosmos" giles sparrow dava sobel.

i couldnt put it down, the most incredible images ive ever seen, not artist impressions either,actuall probe photos as they travelled the universe. it has just been reduced from £25 to £15. if you get a chance to even just have a look at this book i would recomemd you do. the mars rover images are there too. id like to hear what you think if you get to see it, or be flush enough to buy it (i am not yet )

all the best,

john

I have it and yes the book is breath taking in it's imagery. I got it a couple of years ago from our local 'Booksale' shop for yes... £15!! The only problem with the huge pictures is that my greasy yet clean fingers leave a mark!! :mad: Maybe I should be posh and use gloves!! :)

I haven't seen this one but I do have one of his other books "The Stargazers Handbook" which is fantastic, complete with loads of high quality images and a run down of DSO's by constellation etc. If this is anything to go by, I don't think I would be disappointed by any of his other publications.

Carl

I haven't seen this book yet but i did see a book called "Hubble". It was a BIG hardback coffee table book with every page filled with glossy Hubble images (no suprise there). I think it sells for about 50 euro. Its one book i want to add to my collection.

One book i do have (also a big hardback book filled with glossy images) called "Orbit~images of earth taken by astronauts from the space shuttle".

Incredible hi-res images of our own little blue marble.

I haven't seen this book yet but i did see a book called "Hubble". It was a BIG hardback coffee table book with every page filled with glossy Hubble images (no suprise there). I think it sells for about 50 euro. Its one book i want to add to my collection.

One book i do have (also a big hardback book filled with glossy images) called "Orbit~images of earth taken by astronauts from the space shuttle".

Incredible hi-res images of our own little blue marble.

i saw a program on the mapping of earth 3d from orbit last night on anytime tv, god it was breathtaking. to see one astronaught (japanese) see in profile mount fuji from space was great. he was just like a child, completely astonished and sqeeking "oh wow oh wow"im so used to seeing footage werer the astronaughts are like robots it made for an emotional program.. earth from space it was called on nat geo channel, hope you get a chance to see it. its still on sky anytime now, all the best,

john

Archived