Narrowband

SGL5 - Target lists

daz

In the early hours the summer targets appear over the easter horizon, I plan on doing some widefield shots in and arouind cygnus in Ha, and maybe a nice closeup using the 12" SCT of NGC3628 from the Leo Triplet in RGB (Weather goddess permitting of course).

Steve..

Need to choose a backup for the ED80, though, just in case!

I did the Iris Nebula last year with the FLT98, the ED80 is pretty much the same focal length :). IIRC it was the northwestern direction (Hereford) that was bad so the 'setting' objects might have trouble, but have a look at some of the more southernly targets like the mice (ngc 4676) that would normally be unavailable from home, I reckon they're do-able from Lucksall.

Tony..

Um, anything!

It'll be nice to have dark skies rather than London LP. If you see a bloke wandering around aimlessly, mouth open, staring at the skies and muttering 'Look at the stars, they're so purty...' that'll be me!

Um, anything!

It'll be nice to have dark skies rather than London LP. If you see a bloke wandering around aimlessly, mouth open, staring at the skies and muttering 'Look at the stars, they're so purty...' that'll be me!

Be careful wandering round with your mouth open, after last years experience there were an awful amount of ducks using the strip between the rows of pitches for landing near the river - oh, and keep your tent doors closed.

Steve..

Doubt I will see much through My little 5" newt.....

But Saturn will be nice....

You'll be pleasantly surprised at what you will be able to see :(. Dark skies make the world of difference.

Tony..

If I had been going this was going to be my list:

Ngc5907 in Draco

M61 virgo

M104 Virgo

Ngc4697 virgo

Ngc4753 virgo

M100 + 4312 in fov

M91

M98

Ngc 4535 and Ngc4526 same fov 16 uwan

Ngc3521 leo

Ngc4559 coma

Ngc4216 vir (3 galaxies in fov)

Ngc4429 vir

Ngc4442 vir

Ngc4570 vir

Ngc4698 vir

M60 & Ngc4647

Ngc3166 and 3169 sextans

Ngc4490

Ngc4449

Ngc2859 Leo Minor

Ngc4631 & 4656 whale and hockey stick

Leo Ngc3628 next to 65,66

To sketch;

M99 pinwheel gal

M85 + 4394 same fov

M84, M86, 4438,4338,4435 same fov 28 uwan

M89 and M90 maybe in same fov 16 uwan

M58, siamese twins, 4564 fov 16uwan

M87 & 4478 and 4476

I'll have my sights set on Astronut's image-stabilised binoculars, actually...:D:(

I looked through his IS Bins at SSP last year and I must say I was impressed. Expensive but then you get what you pay for.

Doubt I will see much through My little 5" newt.....

But Saturn will be nice....

I just had my 4" refractor last year - saw loads though including the Veil Nebula and 2 sets of Leo triplet galaxies. It's amazing what dark skies can do :(

Archived