SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Imaging Day - Midlands

daz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Birmingham seems like the obvious midlands location to me... And just for the record it's not where I live, tis about an hours travel, which I guess it would be for a lot of others too.

I was sooooo tempted with the Bedford day, but it was just a shade too far, and a pig to get to from my direction.

Hi Daz

Whilst I think imaging conference all over the UK would be great, I'm not entirely convinced you would have enough takers in each area. Of course, this completely depends upon your minimum number to make it worthwhile.

Instead of having three imaging conference in different locations in a year, why not simply run one once or twice a year and rotate it around two to four different venues spread across the country?

For me (in Worcester) Bedford was a bit of a trek (2 hours drive), but was well within the range I was prepared to travel. Bedford seems a good place, being well placed for East Anglia, London and the most of the Midlands. Perhaps have venues in Bedford, Bristol (south coast, south west and south wales and west midlands) and Leeds (the north west and north east). That way you'll I guess you'll probably be within 2.5 hours drive of about 80% of SGL's UK membership.

Depending on the type of venue required, I might be able to sort out something for you Daz here in Coventry, or possibly in Warwick.

Central, with easy access from all sides.

Michaels idea sounds good though?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Im new to all this so would be interested in any events, I live in Chesterfild But I also used to be in the caravan club and that have been to lots of places mentioned There is one place that is not far from the Marketon roundabout in Derby its called the Ukrainian Youth center and they have a nice venue also a nice field for a overnight stay if that was ever needed. I can also vouch for the darkness of the site. iv not been for a few years but i know they still use it so it must still be available?

Its actually at Weston-on-Trent in Derbyshire

Andy

Hi Im new to all this so would be interested in any events, I live in Chesterfild But I also used to be in the caravan club and that have been to lots of places mentioned There is one place that is not far from the Marketon roundabout in Derby its called the Ukrainian Youth center and they have a nice venue also a nice field for a overnight stay if that was ever needed. I can also vouch for the darkness of the site. iv not been for a few years but i know they still use it so it must still be available?

Its actually at Weston-on-Trent in Derbyshire

Andy

I have driven pass this place numerous times, but it's not a night time event, it's done during the day.

Well - if you can't do Leicester three doors down from my house, how about central Birmingham next to where I work. Failing that then Jn24 of the M1 (Leics/Notts/Derby area) would be good for me - not Stoke though - I worked there 2 yrs - its a dump lol ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived