Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Nebula

I was looking at the Orion Nebula last night with 10x50's, but couldn't see any gas cloud (will try again tonight) but was impressed anyway, then something passed through my vision - a satellite, cool! Followed it for about 30 seconds moving E-W at 40 deg to horizon climbing in the sky. :)

It wasn't bright at all, a dull bronze colour. I'd liken it to watching a "pixel" travel through the sky as it looked square also. It wasn't visible to the naked eye either.

Not had a meteor yet Talitha, but can't wait!:)

this happened to me last night as well. traveling quickly roughly southwest to north east (I think!!). it passed through the frame of my 12" dob with the 24mm panoptic in, I managed to not only relocate it but also track it for about 30 seconds - great practice for high magnification doubles!! I was well chuffed with myself.:) the colour was very similar, like an orangey bronze.

the seeing was rubbish here last night though - last chance I reckon for a week or so according to the forecast!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me, was just observing the moon this evening, although not full) and a huge swarm....er if that's the right word, flew through the FOV was amazing, and would have been good photo, but i was not fast enough!

Archived