Concern about QH6Y- please help!

I've edited this because it was my silly mistake of not reading the instructions and I don't want to cast doubt on the QHY6. :)

However, for future reference, if anyone else has some strange and noisy dark images from the QHY6, remember to select the 0.4mp camera in CCDcap and not QHY6, it makes a big difference!

Did it cooled fully to 20C below ambient (and whats the ambient temp?)? QHY6 has interline sensor (not as good as progressive), so maybe it can generate some false noise when photoshoping to much :)

More than 20C should be bad, 10-20C should be rather good, and at 10 or less C should be quite dark. You can also contact QHY support if this is normal for this camer or this unit isn't working properly.

I think it's fixed!

I "wrongly" selected the "correct" camera in the capture software :)! Instead of selecting QHY6, I should have selected 0.4mp camera :mad:. This has had the amazing effect of removing most of the hot pixels, correcting the vertical stretching problem and removing the left/right image split. Amazing. I'll let Bern know at MA. I think it's a keeper now! :headbang:

and just a final note to add that it does say to use the 0.4mp camera in the instructions!.........how many times does that happen....:hello2::o:o:o

Archived