SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Imaging Day - North

daz

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am up for wherever I can reach in a reasonable time. Speakers must define and decide. But as many have noted, the North is BIG. I may end up finding the next southern session is closer to me in North Wales. Would be interested in visiting what people reckon to be a dark sky site. I have not yet seen one in the UK, but I have been shown a very high standard at Olly Penrice's gaff in France.

old_eyes

If this is an imaging DAY, then why do we need a dark sky? I thought this is being held during daylight hours, like the previous imaging day?

I am prepared to speak at it, as long as the dates are suitable, but no-one has yet asked me.

Edinburgh works for Scots as well as those in the north of england. You cant call yorkshire 'north'....

• 1 month later...

"why not Northallerton ha!"

I'm with this, only 7 miles away :)

But York, Darlington, Leeds at a push is all good for me.

"You cant call yorkshire 'north'...."

Erm I'm sorry but living in North Yorkshire then the Midlands event is likely to be over 200 miles away from me.

Think of the UK as a whole. How can you justify saying that Leeds/Darlington/York is in the north. I travel regularly from edinburgh to Sheffield passing through all three towns, I can can tell you, they are in no way in the north.

Newcastle or carlisle would be nearer for everyone, and easily accessible. I should add that edinburgh is also easily accessible...whatever you may think.

Ah, the old 'What is North?' debate.

Strictly speaking, the correct definition of 'North' is anything north of the river Thames, altough some take it further and say anything north of Fratton Bridge, Portsmouth!

( I am, of course, only joking! And before your pour scorn on me for being a 'soft southy', I was born in Helensburgh!)

Hi all,

Sorry to bitch and moan about this, but i'm desperate to attend an imaging session up north, but this thread is becoming a joke now.

It's now longer about an imaging session, more of geography lesson of where people live, i mean lets get serious here, how long has this gone on now, over 8 months ?

come on this is a complete joke and a mockery of the real intention of the thread.

Look if nobody plans to do anything about this, stop messing about building peoples hopes hopes up for a imagaing workshop, it's not fair as being a newbie i've watched this thread in desperation and frustration now for 8 months.

Enough is enough everyone, i couldn't give a hoot about where people live or want the session. It's completely transparent that nobody in interested in having a northern session so close the thread and stop wasting peoples times.

Sorry to rant, just hand enough of reading this waste of space for 8 months now.....

Rich.

Steve,

I dont want to unsuscribe, I want to attend an imaging day to learn and get help and advice from well established imagers first hand.

you have to admit, 8 months is a long time, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who would really like to attend such a day.

Rich

I think you will find that Ribuck's post was a self admitted rant, i can't see where you would think that to be valid or well constructed. :D

I would even go as far to say that it was a little disrespectful to them that take the time to organize these events. They didn't deserve to be addressed like that.

We have just concluded the beginners imaging day in Bedford. When the time allows we will at some point get round to doing a more northerly version.

If you think we are dragging our heels on this, just remember that like many of you, we have a busy life to lead outside SGL too.

It might well be inconvenient for you to have to wait for an imaging day to be held nearer to you, however we won't stand back and let someone have a pop at us for not doing things quickly enough for them.

Nobody has had a crack or pop at you guys. Where are you seeing this?

I'm confused to how you've turned this into "we're getting picked on".

What Daz did was start a thread asking for opinions, Jamie. Nobody has doubted how awesome it is that such and event is even being considered. Nobody.

The dead end is none of us members are agreeing on a good place. Not what SGL owners are doing. :D

By the way...Carlise (M6 and West Coast Main Line) or Newcastle (A1 East Coast Main Line) is logical. Either will allow those who are on each side of the country to hop across between the Cities. I have no preference but I think either of those place would be convenient for most and fair?

Not use if maybe a poll would be a good idea?

When it happens doesn't matter. but it would be nice if we could all agree on a venue! lol

We must be reading different threads Sy...:D

Look if nobody plans to do anything about this, stop messing about building peoples hopes hopes up for a imagaing workshop,

That wasn't a pop???? Course it was..

close the thread and stop wasting peoples times.

Oh look another one... :D

Anyways i am not going to waste any more of my time trying to convince anyone of what is obvious to those that have read this thread.

Instead of all this rubbish, why don't all the people that want to go to a northern imaging day post the first part of their postcode and then it can be plotted on a map and the point most central town/city to the potential attendees can be found.

Simple...

Everyone who considers themselves in the North can post and if there are enough people then maybe we will end up with a Imaging Day in the North and one even further North.

Ant

Archived