Narrowband

Imaging Day - North

daz

oppression Paul......hmm, have you not seen Rob Roy, the Scottish loved the English, always have done! We give you oppresion, you give us Irn-Bru!

Jk mate, i think we should organise our own star party....domino's pizza, lager, good music, sexy women....(maybe), oh and a few telescopes.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Northallerton would be great!!!

John

Really? NY Moors are literally 7 miles away, just past Ozzie is okay, transport links are good, accessible via east coast main line, the A19, A1 and M62, aswell as Durham Tees Valley airport.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm agree a north Cumbrian location would be ideal. Rheged or for smaller numbers Tullie House Museum in Carlisle or the University of Cumbria has lecture facilities in Penrith and Carlisle.

As Ron has stated Rheged is adjacent the M6 and only an hour from the A1 at Scotch Corner. Lots of dark sky locations in the region and an abundance of decent accommodation.

What about Rheged. A lovely venue, and 2 minutes drive from Junction 40 M6.

And a long half Hour drive for me.:p:D:D.

Ron.

How to find us | Rheged

wow this is still being debated......

Why doesn't the person who is going to run the course just set the date and location, and just say this is where it's going to be, attendif you want too, that way something will actually get arranged.

for the love of god, will the person who is running the course just pick somewhere and put these poor soul's out of their misery. I'd fancy my chances being better on the lottery than this getting sorted out any time soon......lol.

:p;)

for the love of god, will the person who is running the course just pick somewhere and put these poor soul's out of their misery. I'd fancy my chances being better on the lottery than this getting sorted out any time soon......lol.

:);)

Getting a little impatient aren't we???

Let people post about this as much as they want...

When the people that arrange these events find time in thier already busy lives to get things moving i am sure you will be informed in due course... :p

Well I'm in no hurry, i haven't seen clear sky for about 5 months now and the odd night i do get it, it only lasts about an hour so not enough time to do anything.

Maybe i should move to texas where is's sunny and dry with lots of clear night, or maybe spain.....

• 2 weeks later...

me and (Narrowband) Paul will do a session...mainly Paul doing the talking, I'll sit on the sidelines providing vocal support with such classic lines as "Is Jupiter bigger than the Sun?" and "Just when will NASA be visiting Uranus"

Just kidding on that last part, but I am more than willing to help out.

Location wise, well....hmm, plenty of votes for places all across what is known as the 'North'. I'd say somewhere around Keilder would be okay or in the NY Dales or out from Edinburgh.

Decisions decisions!

I do however know of a B&B / Campsite in the NY Moors that is meant to be quite good...decent transport links etc.

Maybe we need a poll.

nice one Ed! as long as there is an almost never ending supply of beer, im happy.

Im also happy to give a talk, i have done that several times before

im not sure it has to be a dark place, i think this event will occur by day, so any town in the north with good travel links should be fine. Edinburgh suits the bill there. It has the added advantage of being a nice place to visit.

though not at the current moment.....

paul

grand.

Aye, if its during the day there ain't no better place than a groovy city like Edinburgh. Think I owe you a drink anyway Paul after Costa coffee in town that time.

There was (probably still is) and Astro-Cafe in Cathays, Cardiff that did good chilled out lectures....they also had beer on tap! So anywhere like that would be good.

Archived