Narrowband

Would you be interested in a complete beginners Imaging Day?

daz

Would you be interested?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested?

• Yes - will travel the length and breadth of the country!
    • Yes - but needs to be close to me

I would be interested but dont have a quality DSLR as yet but its on my to buy list .. a course like this would help me with the selection of equipment to aim for.

I would be happy to travel a couple of hours to a suitable location ... I said couple of hours because lets face it to get any decent distance from Norfolk its the best part of an hours trip before you hit a motorway !!

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is anybody willing to do the teaching and bring appropriate gear, how about hosting it at the Peak Star Party? It would need to be a complete beginners workshop though. If the weather is OK, people could stay in the night on Saturday and join in the general fun :)

Date: Saturday 22 October (it's the only day of PSP that would make sense)

Post if you're interested and / or willing to help out and I'll set up a new thread.

Thanks,

James.

• 1 month later...

Hi all - quick update on this.

We are not having a formal imaging day at PSP2011 (it proved just too difficult to organise in the time available) but there are a number of prominent imagers from here and UKAI coming so informal workshops will take place through the Sunday as and when people feel like it. Please don't expect any structure to this, however - anything that happens will come from conversations through the weekend.

We are in the early stages of plannng PSP2012 (same time next year); this is likely to be a full week long and we will definitely include a formal imaging day in that.

Thanks,

J.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure who should answer this...

Various people at PSP2011 are happy to help out with an informal imaging day on Sunday but anything we do is going to build up through conversations over the star party. I would recommend not booking to come and visit us for Sunday if you are expecting an organised Imaging Day as it may turn out that nothing happens at all.

PSP2012 is in the last stages of planning. It is likely to be either three or four days (may extend it to include the Thursday as well) over the same weekend next year, with Sunday currently scheduled in as a formal imaging day.

Other than that, over to Daz to answer.

J.

Archived