Narrowband

Would you be interested in a complete beginners Imaging Day?

daz

Would you be interested?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested?

• Yes - will travel the length and breadth of the country!
    • Yes - but needs to be close to me

Looks like us Northerners and Midlanders will have to work one out for ourselves.

Blimey, if you're in Leicester you're twelve miles nearer to Bedford than me and I'm in Surrey - which isn't exactly the furthest South. I think most of the speakers this year came from much further than me.

Whadaya on about? Straight down the M1, less than an hour. It takes me longer to get to work in the morning. :icon_scratch::)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Definitely! I've only just started out but have been really impressed with the image contributions on here. They're absolutely amazing!:icon_salut:

Although I don't have any imaging equipment at the moment it is something I am considering for the future.

A beginners day would be invaluable for me, as when I'm reading some of the imaging threads it might as well be in Klingon for all the sense it makes to me.

Regards

Brian

Just found post and would love to have some first hand knowledge...

Havent really got the gear yet but am in the process of working my way through..."Making Every Photon Count"........so would appreciate some interpretation HAHA

Bedford is only an hour and a half for me, I'd be coming from Basildon with the ability to bring at least three others if wanting lifts.

Is this anywhere near to being a done thing though, it feels like this thread has been going on forever, I know we all have our lives to live but some sort of news on the event would be gratefully received.

Guys, if nothing's getting done on this, would you like me to have a word with my local Astronomical Society to see if they can help organise something? I'm very willing to travel if necessary, but if this things not moving, I promise I won't let it drift. I live in Reading in Berkshire, and the Reading AS will be aware of what sites are suitable.

Doug

Sorry, just noticed this on a previous post:

Will try to confirm a date as soon as possible but probably looking at early November

Should have read the entire thread before sticking my oar in. I'll butt out, but still up for it obviously. We'll just have to be patient! :o

Details will be announced in the next few days for a beginers imaging day at Bedford School on a Sunday in November.

Best wishes,

Linton

Too far for me to travel. I'll have to stick to asking my annoying noob questions in the imaging forum when I finally get started on photography :o

Kev,

I am sure between us we can help you. Just the usual disclaimer tht the School's insurance would not cover equipment brought on site. Having said that we have not had any problems in the past. Helping people get to grips with their equipment is one of our main aims.

Linton

Kev,

I am sure between us we can help you. Just the usual disclaimer tht the School's insurance would not cover equipment brought on site. Having said that we have not had any problems in the past. Helping people get to grips with their equipment is one of our main aims.

Linton

Hi Linton,

insurance isn't a problem, all of my equipment is covered under my camera policy

regards

Kev

Archived