Narrowband

Would you be interested in a complete beginners Imaging Day?

daz

Would you be interested?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested?

• Yes - will travel the length and breadth of the country!
    • Yes - but needs to be close to me

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be interested, but would only really want to hear talks on web cam imaging of Solar system stuff as that's all I am set up to do.

The image processing talk at SGL5 was way above and beyond me!

A complete beginners imaging course would have to be just that.....it would assume no preknowledge. At SGL5 some of the processing workshop was very advanced....that sort of thing comes later.

The aim should be to allow you to go home and take an image, and be able to do some basic manipulation.

Cheers

Rob

would be very interested in this as hands on is the way I learn best. Sundays are best for me and would be willing to travel for an hour or so from hertfordshire

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

I'm new to astronomy, having received my Skywatcher Explorer 150PL just before Christmas, and i have no experience of imaging with it, but i would be very interested. I live near Bedford, and work within a 5 minute walk of Bedford School, so that location would be ideal for me. I could also provide transport from the train station, although my 150PL only just fits in the back of my car lol.

I would definitely be up for this. The imaging workshop was superb but didn't give any of the tips on how to get pics of reasonable quality in the first place. As I've found recently it isn't as easy as just sticking a camera or web cam on the end. :D

My first attempts at planetary imaging were very over exposed.

• 3 weeks later...

Just chatted to Daz about this and we will be offering a beginners imaging day and help with any telescope related matters on a Sunday in the Autumn again based at Bedford School.

Further details will follow but not for a while. Will try to confirm a date as soon as possible but probably looking at early November.

Anyone local may like one of our free Astronomy Courses.

www.bedfordschool.org.uk/astronomycourse

Best wishes,

Linton

• 2 weeks later...

I would certainly be interested. Bedford wouldn't be a problem for me as I have relatives down that way, but would it be possilbe to perhaps have another one at a later date further north, ie, Leicester/Nottingham?

Layor

Archived